Area Manager – Co Down/Co Armagh (field based)
Salary – Starting from £30,000
To manage the business efficiently and profitably, maintaining high levels of operational standards across all stores as defined by Domino’s and the Franchisee/Operations team. Contributing to the franchise business strategy for growth and formulating strategies for continuous improvement.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Customer Service and Sales Generation
- Pro-active and Re-active management of customer feedback/complaints
- Monitor and review service standards across stores taking corrective and preventative action where appropriate, and implementing measures to improve service standards
- Monitor and implement up-selling initiatives
- Ensure all Domino’s team members adhere to Domino’s image standards at all times
- Conduct random mystery shopper audits
- Analyse new sales and formulate area/regional plan to drive profitability
- Ensure store hygiene standards are compliant with those defined by the Domino’s brand
- Monitor and review food safety standards to ensure compliance with Domino’s and external regulatory bodies
- Ensure HACCP requirements met in all stores at all times
- Ensure Food Hygiene training completion (with pass) always 100% for all food handlers
Cash Handling and Profitability
- Monitor and review accuracy of daily banking
- Monitor and review all store operating costs to maximise profitability, taking corrective and preventative actions as required.
- Monitor daily sales, YOY, continually reviewing plans to drive growth
- Review LSM and work with marketing to increase sales within budget
- Ensure monthly paperwork is completed and ready for collection/submission
- Periodically complete OERs at each store, in line with or better than Domino’s defined standard
- Monitor customer feedback relating to quality, regularly challenge Store Managers to improve where required (i.e. Rack times)
Safety and Security
- Identify and report all areas of maintenance requirements
- Monitor and review Store Manager procedures and processes to ensure store risk assessments in place and up to date
- Cash handling procedures maintained throughout your group and in accordance to company procedure.
- Promote positive behaviour/conduct and take corrective action if this falls below expectation
- Manage the recruitment, selection and training of all management employees from advert through to induction.
- Continuously train, develop, coach and support the Store Managers to ensure they have the sufficient skills and behaviours to achieve defined targets in store.
- Ensure labour costs in line with defined targets.
- Active performance management of all store managers by conducting 3 appraisals per year.
- Ensure all employees are treated with respect on a regular basis and through any necessary disciplinary processes; ensuring behaviours and actions are fair, professional and legally compliant.
- Manage your areas slack content and usage.
- Oversee recruitment and training for any new store opening that falls into your area.
- Create a positive working environment for your team whilst promoting company values.
Domino’s Health & Safety Policy and other safety procedures and guidelines are deemed part of this job description. Employees must look after their own health, safety and welfare and be mindful of other persons who may be affected by their acts. Employees must co-operate and comply with management instructions regarding Health and Safety issues and report all accidents, incidents and problems as soon as practicable to their supervisor, manager or other senior members of staff available.
To carry out any other reasonable management instruction to the expected standards that ultimately supports the business.
These criteria will be used to measure applicants objectively or used as development for existing employees and it will ensure that the basis of decision-making is transparent.
Key Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Competencies:
- Knowledge of finance for non-financial managers and business development to enable growth of sales.
- Previous management experience is essential.
- Results-driven individual with the attitude of always outperforming targets and goals whilst still focusing on being a team player.
- Qualifications in QA or H&S disciplines would be an advantage as would previous experience of working within a casual dining environment.
- Previous experience of managing people and compliance with people management legislation to ensure decisions that are made in relation to people issues always comply with the law are essential.
Key Working Relationships
- Senior Management/Directors
- Management (Store level)
- Local Community
- External enforcement agencies
- Border and immigration control agency
- Health and safety inspectorate
- Environmental Health Agency
Scope of Role
- Responsible for 3 outlets with view to 5 sites total.
Staff circa 60
The majority of time is spent in the stores, working with the management team to drive the business, developing new ideas and looking at tactical solutions to day to day issues.
You will also be working with the Franchisee/Directors to formulate business strategies, monitor stores progress against targets, design new initiatives
This role profile is not exhaustive and provides a general overview of the scope of the role. Such duties from time to time may be amended by the Company and from time to time job holders will be required to undertake other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the business.