IT Analyst / Programmer
£23,000 a year – Full-time, Permanent
The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Data & IT but also all Racz Group staff members with their IT needs, offering solutions and providing onsite and remote support enabling colleagues to effectively carry out their day-to-day role.
About the role:
Our Service Desk interacts with all business users and provides support across all systems, issues, and devices. They aim to address around 90% or so of issues directly.
This isn’t a typical 1st line support role, you will be involved with all aspects IT from Helping users with Issues, to installing networks and cabling, to reporting and data manipulation.
Most of our projects require interaction with MS SQL, MySQL and SSRS
What we are looking for:
You are genuinely interested and passion for all that is Technology, if you don’t know something your first point of call is google (Other search engines are available).
You are confident in the use of hand tools, (Drills, Screwdrivers & Spanners)
You are Analytical in the way you approach a problem, breaking it down into smaller chunks
You are confident with talking with technical and non-technical people
You can work with other people as needed to get the job done
You have a good understanding of Microsoft Products (Mainly Excel, Word, Remote Desktop)
You have knowledge of how a network works (Switches, Firewalls, Gateways, Routers)
You have knowledge of programming (PHP, Python, Java)
You have worked with MySQL, MS SQL, SSRS, SSIS
The responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to;
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners at one of our locations when needed
- Installing, terminating, and testing of cat5e / cat6 cabling
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Setting up accounts for staff, ensuring that they know how to log in
- Working with external 3rd line support when required
- Talking to clients and computer users to determine the nature of any problems they encounter
- Creating Reports in SSRS and our BI Tool using MySQL data
- Using Python (or any other language) import data from new sources and store in our SQL database for use in reports
- Investigating, diagnosing, and solving computer software and hardware faults
- Maintaining records of software licenses
- Managing stocks of equipment, consumables, and other supplies
- Managing our Digital Signage across all brands
- Managing Internal systems and apps
- Generating and sending reports from our systems to 3rd parties.
Candidates for this role must have a full UK driving license, as there will be travel between our locations for which you will be reimbursed